This is one of the amazing lessons within the Life Coach Training Certification
The Forgiveness exercise can help you realize who or what you may need to forgive so that you can move forward in life free from emotional pain and sadness. This exercise will teach you ultimately to have a clearer conscious and subconscious mind.
Forgiveness can be the most powerful tool to release you from any emotional pain that you may have been carrying. Sometimes emotional wounds from the past hold us back and we can’t break free of the feeling of hurt or loss. Even though we may not always feel it, these feelings still lie dormant in our cell memory. Eventually, the universe gives us an opportunity where feelings resurface. When this happens we can choose to ignore them or face them. If we try to ignore them and continue to suppress, hoping they will just go away, they will always come back. When this happens, we can allow them to come back again as problems, or we can look at them coming back as another chance for forgiveness. If we face them head on, look them in the eyes and tell the truth to ourselves, then we have more of a chance to remove at least the feeling associated with old emotions. After that, we can let go and finally be free of the pain.
There are several powerful ways to forgive yourself and others. It is only when you choose to do this, that you will truly be free and be more open to receiving the abundance that is waiting for you.
Preparation: Have your journal to take notes.
One Minute Meditation: Take a moment to relax, take a few deep breaths and center yourself.
Begin the Session: Begin by thinking about someone or something that happened to you recently or in the past that made you angry, frustrated, or upset. This could also be something you did or didn’t do. Now read each question below. Take your time answering them and take notes.
- Who or what made you upset?
- How did it make you feel?
- How would you want them to change?
- What would you change about the situation?
- If you were able to change the situation, how would you feel now?
- What needed to be different in order for you to be happy?
- What is it that you would want to experience instead?
Now ask yourself
- Did I deserve this?
- Do I deserve to be free from this?
- Can I forgive them?
- Can I forgive myself?
- Do I now have the power to release this?
- Do I deserve to be happy and move beyond this?
- What did I learn from this person or situation?
- Was this person mirroring something back to me that I was doing to them or to others?
- Have I ever treated someone the way they treated me?
- Is this something I would like to change about myself?
- In the past, I reacted to this person or situation like this…
- Now I will respond like this…
Focus the session: Choose to forgive. Complete the sentences below.
- I choose to forgive them for…
- I choose to forgive myself for…
- I now allow myself to move on from this because…
- I am now free from this because…
Now take a moment to be with this feeling of freedom. How do you feel now? What has changed?
Create an action plan: What action are you willing to take to change behavior and response in the future? Write it down.